Housing for the Harvest: California State Government
- Housing services for agricultural workers who need to isolate due to COVID-19.
- Applications are accepted on a continuous basis. To participate in the program, please contact your county administrator.
Non-Congregate Sheltering (NCS) for California Healthcare Workers Program
- Hotel rooms to healthcare workers who give critical care to COVID-19 patients.
- Participating hotels will offer rooms for free or at a discount.
- On June 15, 2021, this program was discontinued for all facilities except those located in Riverside, Imperial, and San Diego counties.
Homekey: California Department of Housing and Community Development
- $645 million is available.
- The application period closed in September 2020.
Jurisdictions that received a reservation of Homekey funds to purchase property can apply to the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Coronavirus Response program by February 1, 2021, for additional funding.
- As of October 2020 $627 million has been awarded to 45 applicants and 71 projects, totaling 4,646 affordable housing units.
Project Roomkey: Emergency Housing for Immediate Protection
- Provides non-congregate shelter options for people experiencing homelessness.
- To apply contact your local Homeless Continuum of Care or County Welfare Department to learn more about how to connect with your local program.
Single Family Home Loans Guarantees: U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Eligible applicants include: U.S. Citizen, U.S. non-citizen national or Qualified Alien with a household income that
does not exceed 115% of median household income.
- Program funds closing costs, reasonable and customary expenses associated with the purchase transaction, connection fees for utilities, tax and insurance escrow, essential household equipment, and site preparation.
- Funding Available: 100% financing with 90% loan note guarantee to approved lenders.
Rural Home Loans (Direct Program): U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Program assists applicants to obtain decent, safe, and sanitary housing in eligible rural areas by providing payment assistance to increase an applicant’s repayment ability.
- The maximum loan amount an applicant may qualify for will depend on the applicant’s repayment ability.
- Applications are accepted on a continuous basis.